Friday, December 23, 2011

A Couple Days Ago...

...I packed away Gracie's mobile gym and the bouncy seat, as they can no longer stand up to her activity (literally, she pulled up on the mobile gym and bonked her head more times than I would have liked), and is almost bouncing herself completely through the bouncy seat. But she's a big kid that sits up now, so she's not interested in reclining in anyway...ever, really.

She's only 9 months old, but as a box fills with toys she's "too old" for, I feel like a whole chapter of her life is already over. AT 9 MONTHS! I am excited about the new things she's picking up everyday, and her little snippets of independence, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that's a bit teary when I think of what we've left behind already.

What must it have been like for Mary; to be excitedly anticipating how her son was going to save the world but still be a little bit sad that he doesn't fall asleep with his hands frozen in mid air anymore.

I love you peachy keen...

1 comment:

Stacy said...

God does that on purpose to cause siblings....