Friday, May 16, 2008

Wine, Paddle Boats and the South Beach Diet.

The conversation started something like this:
"Pleeeeeease?! Two s'mores never killed anybody!"

Derrel and I have been on the South Beach Diet for about a week (halfway through the treacherous first phase). We are also leaving for our first camping trip together this afternoon. Despite a couple of modifications in my own diet plan (my lack-o'-chocolate-milk meltdown last Saturday), we've been good about sticking to what we can eat, but I knew that once Derrel conceded to my s'more pleas, it was all downhill from there. We may be wavering a bit this weekend ("In-N-Out is the only logical dinner option when we have to get there in a mad dash to put up the tent before the sun goes down,").

Originally I had decided to camp in Temecula because Derrel is a wine fan, and I thought that would soften the tent-pitching blow of the trip. That was, of course, before we went on a diet where there's NO alcohol in the first two weeks. Another instance where South Beach must never know of our activities this weekend. I'm hoping this trip goes well. Derrel has been camping 1.3 times in his whole life (the .3 being when he slept in his truck). We've got an air mattress and plenty of beef. He should be able to survive.

I guess I have to incorporate paddle boats somewhere.
There will be paddle boats where we are going. If we can trick ourselves into not realizing how much like exercise it is, way may give it go.
Otherwise, you'll find us playing Scrabble with melted marshmellowey tiles.

Have a good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

don't expect the pregnant lady to support anybody going on a diet...but I do hope you have a great time because selfishly we want to tag along next year.