Sunday, February 8, 2009

Times, They are a Changin'

At the beginning of next month, our church is starting a 40-day ministry called "Faith by Hearing". For 28 minutes a day, we'll listen to a reading from the New Testament and, in 40 days time, we will have heard/read the entire new testament. When the church did this 15 years ago, only tapes were available. Now they have it in CD AND MP3 formats. Pastor then played a video that attempted to explain how each format should be used, the technology required to use it, and how to set up each technology with each format...in it's own right, it was very confusing. I can only imagine what it must have been like for the older folks, who started shaking their heads before pastor could even finish saying "MP3". We'll see how that goes.

In other news...
A couple of years ago, not long after Derrel and I started dating, he learned that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite ice cream flavor. That spun into a conversation about how, in my house, more cookie dough gets eaten before the actual baking process than what actually comes out of the oven. He told me it was really unsafe to eat so much raw cookie dough. Even in the beginning of our marriage, he still held the belief that my intestines would give in at any moment, yet I persevered.

Fast forward to today at Coldstone.
Derrel: "Can I get extra cookie dough in my cookie dough sundae?"

Who says wives can't change their husbands?
I love this guy.

No comments: