Monday, July 14, 2008

I can't remember what I left in San Francisco...

...but I went back to look for it anyway.
For the 4th of July Derrel and I headed up to the Bay Area to take in a Giants/ Dodgers game (that night, it happened to be the Giants' game). We also had Dim Sum for the first time, which Rodney was so considerate as to come out and introduce us to (you rock dude). After that we hit the Exploratorium. I'm not sure for exactly what purpose they had freaky purple masks, but we saw an opportunity, and took it.

Then, just this past weekend, I returned with a friend of mine to celebrate her birthday. This involved a 6 mile bike ride (not too daunting until you remember what SaN fRaNcIsCo is like), and a Swedish fondue restaurant with other friends. The restaurant was amazing. They had 13 different kinds of cheese. I'm not sure what gruyere is...but it was pretty good. That's right, family, I tried stuff that I had never even heard of before. Can I get a booyah?



The last picture is of our newly engaged friends Adrienne and Cat Stevens (a.k.a. Yusef Islam, or Anthony). Anthony is starting law school this fall, so Adrienne has to marry him for at least one guaranteed day of time with him (and 200 of their closest friends).

The weather was so gorgeous up there. I knew we were close to home on our seven-hour trip when I stepped outside at the gas station and thought, "Yep..this really sucks."

Home, sweet home.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Whoop whoop!! Hey, nice job workin' outside the box and trying new stuff...although I hardly think cheese was a stretch...

Cute pictures...except for the purple faces...they are not cute.

marilou said...

and.....home sweet home is where home sweet ebert was, so it couldn't be all bad!

Unknown said...

Them was good times! Thanks for inviting me to hang with you and go to arguably the most best restaurant in SF. I think you're a bit insane for bouncing around the State like you have been, though—and somehow you haven't managed to bounce over here!