Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week in Review: Volume....

I made a bold move today. As I stuck my lean cuisine in the microwave for dinner, I found myself staring into the dreamy eyes of a double-layer chocolate cake and was able to say, "No,
I will NOT have a fourth piece of cake." It was an awakening. Some people have will power, some people have three pieces of cake.

In other news, we haven't posted in a while. Derrel's wrapping up a three-game homestand tonight, while I'm entering into day two of my anti-gym homestand. Let's see...other things I'm failing at. I've decided to try to memorize some Bible verses that were brought up during the Women Discipling Women conference a few weekends ago ( a truly convicting weekend slash blessed time with my sister). I picked some that would humble and encourage me where I'm most frustrated, so they've been taped to my computer monitor at work (the tape wouldn't stick to Satchmo's fur). One of the most encouraging has been Matthew 6: 33-34. And no I won't write out what that is.
Open your Bible....DO IT.

We went to San Diego last weekend for Derrel's birthday and had a good time. We saw Phantom of the Opera, went to Sea World, and ate at Benihanas. Best part of the weekend? Being asked TWICE in one day if we were newlyweds. Ok, yes, we're only 6 months in (as of last Friday!), but one of the goals of our marriage is to make people sick for years to come. It's lofty, but something we can really commit to. Plus, my husband just got glasses...prepare yourself for squishy overload, people.

Other than that there's not much that's new. I could tell you what happened on last night's Seinfeld rerun but I won't.
Turn on TBS...DO IT.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

"Best part of the weekend? Being asked TWICE in one day if we were newlyweds."

Auhhh that's so sweet. That never happens to us.

I wonder what Russell and i are doing wrong...maybe we're just old. or maybe it's all the kids...i don't know.

Stacy said...

Well, Sharon, generally 4 tykes would suggest something longer than "newly married"...it may also suggest you aren't doing anything "wrong". ;)

Sharon said...

nicely put, Stacy. I guess we've done it "right" at least three times.

marilou said...

I just love reading your "posts"....it always puts a smile on my face!